Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Meeting Kalindi G.

I've mentioned Kalindi G. in my past posts, but not really said much about her yet. I'd like to tell you how I met Kalindi and then how I found out she was my spiritual master.

I was 43 when I did the Miracle of Love Seminar the first time. I didn't know who Kalindi was, but I had heard her voice on an audio taped invitation to the Seminar. At my Seminar, Kalindi showed up on one of the final days and that's when I first met her in person. I thought she was strange in a very cool way.

In the Seminar I had felt things about myself and my life that I'd never imagined before. Like how pissed off I was, how arrogant and cold-hearted I had been to so many people. I had always thought of myself as a very nice person, so you can imagine my surprise. When denial lifts, what you see is not pretty. If it were pretty, there'd be no need for denial, right?

I also found out at the Seminar that through vigorous meditation and deep prayer, I could let go of a lot of the anger, arrogance and cold-heartedness. By the end of the Seminar, I was dancing ecstatically in the truest expression of myself I'd ever experienced. I didn't know myself, but I was happy to meet me. I'll never forget that, even though now I've had many more experiences of that true part that is so free.

After the Seminar I went to meditations with Miracle of Love in my community. We also had visits sometimes from leaders. I continued to change and I liked it very much.

Now this is the part about how I knew Kalindi was my spiritual master. Several years later I was at an event Kalindi led in San Diego. I remember at one point I was on the floor meditating in the big, dark meditation room at Ponderosa Avenue. Kalindi was sitting in a white, wingback chair not too far from me, leading the meditation. Intense music was playing and I was listening to Kalindi's voice as I went deeper. In one moment I was just meditating and listening to Kalindi. In the next moment I heard Kalindi's voice from inside me instead of outside me. I had the oddest sensation that she was in my blood and I knew then that I'd known her forever. At that moment I knew, without a doubt, that Kalindi was my spiritual master.

I never thought that I wanted a spiritual master. I didn't think I was looking for one. And yet, I found Kalindi. Maybe she found me. Thank God for that.

No comments: